Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Act Like a Tourist

Whether you live in Atlanta, Augusta, Columbus, or Athens I’m sure there are parts of your town you’ve never explored as a citizen or as a quasi-tourist. For some reason most people would prefer to venture at least fifty miles or so away from home to learn local history or to experience the culture.

Those neighborhoods you pass through on your way to somewhere else just never get the credit they deserve.

Maybe you have been to Lenox Mall, but have never taken the time to mosey through the various shops up and down Peachtree. Perhaps, like me, you were born in Atlanta but have never taken the time to explore a place like Virginia Highlands or dared to leave the safe confines of your car to walk up and down Moreland or Euclid better known as Little Five Points.

What about the Governor's Mansion, the Swan House, the birthplace of Dr. King, or the Herndon Home? Maybe you have never taken the ride up to the top of the Peachtree Plaza or heard the magical words, “Whadda ya have? Whadda ya have? Whadda ya have?” at the Varsity.

Well, what’s your excuse? I’m too tired…We’re running late….Maybe next time….I’m not sure if it’s safe…..

Quite frankly I’m tired of having my own excuses. This is my summer – my summer for being a tourist even in my own hometown, and I’m starting with Little Five Points because that’s where my fifteen-year-old daughter wants to explore (post and pictures later this week)

Leave me a comment and tell me some great places located in Georgia you should explore, but never have.

What great places do you pass through on your way to somewhere else?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar